Friday, March 20, 2009

A life for the cost of a fire

Homes are intended to give us security and protection and normally, when we are at our own homes, we feel at ease and often let are guard down. However, we should still practice safety measures, as accidents can happen almost anywhere, even in places that we least expect.

This is the case that happened last Wednesday on a home in the area of San Carlos. One man was killed when his bungalow was caught on fire sparked by a cigarette. Initial investigation showed that the blaze might have started while the man was smoking in bed.

Cases such as this tells us that virtually anywhere we go, danger might also be present and the cost can be devastating. Carefulness should be practiced at all times, as we may never know what may possibly happen.